I’m a guy that don’t like people touching my nose, if someone asked me what is the most sensitive part of my body? I would say my nose it gets irritated easily. When my girlfriend tease me and touches my nose, like pressing it in just few minutes I would begun sneezing, I call my nose the sneezing gun.
Anyway the doctor said that I have an allergy that is why my nose is that sensitive, so basically I stay away from dust. The good thing about having this allergy is I don’t have to clean my room and the house since my mom won’t let me due to the allergy, so when the cleaning starts I set and boss around hahahaha. Anyway I always look for simple remedies that I can do because it really affects my work. Just a short description about runny nose. “A runny nose might be the result of a cold, allergies, or even spicy foods. Regardless of the cause, a runny nose can be both aggravating and inconvenient. There are many home remedies that can be employed to treat a runny nose or at least alleviate the aggravation of one. The important thing to remember is that a runny nose is different than nasal congestion and should not be treated with a decongestant unless a doctor recommends it. A runny nose is the result of increased mucus production in the sinus and nasal passages. The increased production of mucus is usually the result of the body attempting to clear cold or flu viruses or irritants and allergens from the body. A normal amount of mucus is always present, lubricating the lining of the nasal passageways and keeping germs out. An increased production typically results in runny noses and even postnasal drip, both of which can be irritating.” http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-some-home-remedies-for-a-runny-nose.htmI know its not only me that have this problem, so I research for simple remedies that we can do to cure this problem.
“Over-The-Counter Runny Nose Medicines
- If you are afflicted by a runny nose due to some sort of allergy, you should take antihistamines such as Zyrtec, Beclomethasone, Budesonide, Triamcinolone and Flunisolide.
- To remove congestion in the nose, you can use a mild steroid spray like Fixonase.
- Zinc is believed to be a fast runny nose treatment. It is available in the form of lozenges and nasal sprays. But take it only when prescribed by a doctor as it may cause nausea and destroy your sense of smell.
- Glucocorticoids like Triamcilone and Prednisone relieve a runny nose to a great extent. But they are accompanied by certain side-effects. Use them when recommended by a health care professional only.
- If you have a runny nose because of a bacterial infection, you should take antibiotics to inhibit the causative bacteria.
- Sometimes, a runny nose is due to a sinus infection or some other nasal disorder. You may have to opt for surgical treatments for complete elimination of the problem.
- A decongestant spray will also work to remove congestion. The most common spray is Otrivin. It comes in a number of variants, separate for children and adults. It can either be mentholated or unmentholated. Always remember that Otrivin is meant to be used for a brief period of time and its continuous use may revert the nose congestion. Click here to know more on runny nose medicines.
Home Remedies for Runny Nose
- Breathe in steam from a mixture of lukewarm water and 2-3 tablespoon of salt. The steam removes dust, secretions and allergenic molecules from mucosa and helps in getting the mucus out.
- Keep yourself hydrated with non-alcoholic and non-caffeinated beverages or plain water. It helps in thinning the mucus.
- Make one cup of tea and add 1 teaspoon each of elder berry, fresh mint, yarrow root and cayenne pepper. This is a form of herbal tea. It will first make your nose run with a greater intensity but will relieve a runny nose within a couple of hours.
- Chew a small piece of ginger and swallow the juice. Ginger warms the body, increases blood circulation and helps in draining the nose. It is a great remedy for a sore throat and a runny nose.
- Take 400mg of Indian Echinacea three times a day. It is one of the very effective runny nose treatments that can be taken at home.
- Take 1 oz. of fresh watercress thrice a day for runny nose treatment. You can also mix 3-4 teaspoon of dry watercress to one glass of warm water. Allow it to cool, and then drink.
- Honey is another effective runny nose treatment that you can try at home. Add one tablespoon of honey and 2-3 drops of fresh lime-juice in one cup of water. Drink this solution when warm. Honey will relieve a runny nose and cough as well.” http://www.buzzle.com/articles/runny-nose-treatment.html
Having these remedies for your runny nose is awesome, but again it will return again, to keep runny nose from not coming back is you should have proper diet, do some exercise and practice eating healthy foods to no more about click here. References: Image: http://medicalimages.allrefer.com/large/runny-and-stuffy-nose.jpg Contents: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/runny-nose-treatment.html and http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-some-home-remedies-for-a-runny-nose.htm Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSycnzGMCLI